Sunday, August 23, 2009

A fun book. I think it was meant for a younger crowd than Fablehaven but it is well written and full of imagination. I liked it. I will be keeping this book around for my kids.

I LOVE these! If you like Harry Potter I think you would also like the Fablehaven series. The first one takes a bit to really get into the story because you are meeting the characters and such. I do think however that the series just gets better and better as you go abd is something you can read to your kids. It's not as "dark" as the Harry Potter series and has lots of fun characters. I can hardly wait for the next book to come out.
These are for young adults and up. The story gets pretty complicated but is sooooooooooooooo good! The series just keeps getting better and better. I have bought the first two books for my library and will soon add the third. I can't wait for the next book!


I am also listening to the Inkheart series right now. I am not sure how much I like them yet. A lot of good ideas and such but I was not caught up in the story as much as some. It could the narrator though, since I am listening to it. Most of the other's I have listened to on CD, have all kinds of different voices for the characters and this one kinda does, but not so much. I might need to read the next book myself.

Oh I am also reading the Narnia series and really like that so far.

If any of you have any suggestions for books I can try out let me know. I love always having a book around to read. I like all kinda of books, not just fantasy fiction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Narnia books, I have the boxed set if you need to borrow them. they are a pretty easy read, too. most only take a couple days to read since they aren't too thick, but so great!! normally I'm a suspense novel girl, myself...