Monday, March 2, 2009

10 pounds now!

I have now lost around 10 pounds in about 16 days. I feel so much better. I actually want to go be active. I also have noticed that I am a lot more patient, and happier all around. I have also noticed that I can feel the Spirit more often. Of course this has given me a greater testimony of the Word of Wisdom (note: the Word of Wisdom is a type of health code reveled through the prophet Joseph Smith and is int eh book of the Doctrine and Covenants that we study in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you can look it up on line at LDS.org, here is the link http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/89 ). Yet another witness to me that when we follow God's will we are blessed, and that he always keeps his promises.

Several of you have asked what diet I am doing, it's a program by a group called CEA-HOW. They have groups every where and have a healthy and smart way of doing things. Here is the link for their site if you are interested http://www.ceahow.org/index.htm. This diet may not be for everyone depending on the reason you have gained weight, but you can research it if you would like. The first week is really hard and then you get use to it even though it is still hard especially if you are around others who are eating your favorite foods. The first part of the diet is 30 days and then it changes a bit. The real point is to help you make a life style change, and think about what and how much you are eating. The program is also build to help you conquer your body (ya know mind over body) by finding strength within by relying on God.

3 comments:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan/Brassy Apple said...

that is so great Janel! It really makes a big difference all around when "mommy" feels better about herself ;)

more power to ya!

Carree Sue said...

Yay for Janel!!! 10 lbs is so great!