Sunday, June 15, 2008

Marathon



Daniel ran his 7th Marathon(26.2 miles) last Saturday. Here is what he said afterwards:


"The first half went pretty well. I felt pretty good. At about mile 15 I started feeling pretty tired. Towards the end, I had to really work hard to keep going. I ended up running with my Professor from my Engineering Mathematics class for the last 9 miles or so.

The last few miles
I ran the only way I knew how. By placing one leg in front of the other in quick succession. Pretty soon, I only had one turn to go. As I rounded the corner, I felt muscular and compact, like corn beef. I sprinted the last 400 meters, and finished!

I talked to my math teacher afterwards. He said that he would deduct 10 points from my next test because I beat him."

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Thanks for letting us know about your blog. Tell your husband good job on the marathon. The VanderSloots like to do a lot of marathons too.

Whit said...

That does not sound fun at all. But I am proud of you for doing it!

Ang said...

You are quite amazing! It really doesn't sound appealing at all - I don't know why anyone would want to torture their body that way. It is awesome though that you accomplished such a huge feat. Hope to see you at the Pocatello marathon this year!