Monday, May 11, 2009

Product of the (last) week


I really like this product. We do not have a dish washer and it seemed like we were going through dish soap like no other (that is when I actually do dishes, I hate doing them). With this product "direct Foam" I don't use nearly as much soap and it washes off so much faster and easier. The only draw back is the price, so once we decided we really did like the product Daniel did some research.

Daniel discovered that we could use the pump we bought but make our own foam mixture instead of buying the refills for around $5 each. Here is how it works ... You put about a table spoon of good thick soap in your pump and then fill the rest with water. Yeap that's the secret ingredient, water! So basically it's like putting a squirt of soap in your sink as it's filling to wash some dishes. I have learned that you have to put in more soap if you buy a really cheap brand that is very runny.

2 comments:

Ang said...

We have actually done this also....not on purpose, but we discovered it worked just fine! I love being a cheapskate!!!

Kristine said...

That is so cool! We currently don't have a dishwasher either. Ours is busted.. Sad life, I know. I don't think I've not had a dishwasher since Davenport #10. Those good ole days. Thanks for the tip.