Friday, October 3, 2008

Drama, or should I say trauma?

Okay so last night Henrik got his elbow popped out of place and well let's just say he was in pain and was crying almost all night. He did fall asleep in Daddy's arms but woke up all through the night to let me know he still was in major pain. Well after a night of me bawling along with Henrik we got into the doctor and they popped his elbow back in in two seconds. Well he screamed of course but once he calmed down I showed him that he could use it again and all was well. Then we got home and he was super grouchy from no sleep, needless to say he is sleeping now. Thank goodness!

While I am talking about trauma..........did I tell you that I bought a new exercise machine and decided to lift it up our stairs by myself. Well that was not wise since I fell backwards down the stairs and it landed on top of me. Mostly it was really embarrassing, so I looked around to make sure nobody saw, but I knew I would pay for my actions. So for over a week (maybe two now), I have had three large deep bruises (and several other pains) on the right side of my body, all in the name of exercise!

7 comments:

Ang said...

Poor Janell! Poor Henrik! Adriana had that happen to her at about the same age and I thought I broke it so I rushed to the emergency room. They showed me how to fix it and I'm so glad because after that first time her elbow popped out many many times, and some of our other children have also had the problem. No fun at all! mqwsh

Ang said...

Whoops - I spelled your name wrong. Don't you hate that?! Sorry!

Wendy said...

Hey, I saw your comment this morning. Yeah we've been working on our house. We put in all new windows, doors, foam insulation and siding, carpet, linoleum and subfloor in the bathroom and vanity. I've been working on repainting the cupboards in the kitchen. We still have a lot of work to do including a completely unfinished basement but hopefully it will be worth it in the end! :)

Kristine said...

Ok, I just have to laugh, because that is funny!! LOL! But I am so glad that you are ok, and also glad that you have the bruises to prove it. I always hate it when I don't have anything to show for my pain.. Poor poor Henrik. It is the worst thing ever to have your little guy hurt and you can't do anything. Especially when he can't sleep. Poor you. I feel for ya, but I am so glad that you both are doing better. I'm excited to see you!!

Megan said...

Do I need to call child protective services on you?

Wait I guess I just bought my baby a leash...

Brooke said...

oh no how sad! You should have called, I don't know what we would have done, b ut you should have called.

Katie said...

Oh my what a crazy time for you guys. Glad things have settled down.