Thursday, March 24, 2011

House Updates

As I mentioned before, we made a few changes to the house when we bought it. We spray painted some light fixtures to match the rest in the house, painted some bathroom cupboards, etc. We are still working on a few things, we will post those later.

The biggest project so far, was the kitchen. We knew that if we didn't do something in the kitchen NOW, we probably wouldn't do it after moving in. We had a limited budget for this project, so here is what we came up with:



BEFORE the changes:


We had the counters redone and had one of Daniel's friends put up the bead board around the island. I am happy with the results, and it didn't cost much so Daniel is happy too!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Janel it looks great!

Brooke said...

what a difference. I love it.

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

wow! what a huge difference! are you just loving being able to change things? :)

The Hulbert Family said...

It is fun to change things Megan! Can't wait to have you over (after I get some more things unpacked...sigh).

XOXO Dr. Kay Elizabeth said...

Hi you have some very pretty kids. Hey I was wondering if you could take a look at my blog. I would really appreciate if I could get as much help as I can get. Thank you for reading this and stopping by my blog. Also feel free to share with others, thank you. http://medschooldream.blogspot.com/