Sunday, October 18, 2009

Betty Crocker or not? That is the Question.

So, these are 6 of the 7 Apple Pie fillings I recently canned. Yes I know they are beautiful. Well at least I think so. You see these are the first jars I have canned in my life (unless you count watching my grandma and mom so it when I was young). This was a perfect time for me to do them too because I have been on a Betty Crocker roll, which means I have actually cooked meals for my family several nights in a row and even made freezer meals for those nights I don't want to cook. Needless to say, I have been feeling pretty good about myself lately.............................. well until tonight.

The picture below is a meal I attempted today. I kind of of ruined the chicken if you didn't notice. It was very tough, dry and well. the sauce was burnt to a crisp. This is why I should only cook things in my crockpot. So the questions is ... am I really turning into Betty Crocker or is this a sign that I should just stick to George Foremans, Crockpots and microwaves????



3 comments:

Ang said...

I think even Betty Crocker used a crockpot. It's my favorite invention ever. You gotta have a few burned ones to appreciate the yummy dinners! Your apple pie filling looks delish!

Julene said...

well at least you're improving. you don't burn water anymore. hahaha.

Katie said...

I'm all about the crockpot also. I've never canned anything. your amazing!